We Oriental Istanbul Tour 2014 Autumn members got together and danced. Lara danced Gigi's drum solo, Lara, Kaori & I did Serap's zill coreo, Kaori did Serap's Ciftetelli, Milia danced beautiful Sufi fusion dance inspired by Alper and touring to Konya.
This started from your tour.Thank you so much, Burcu
"Oriental Istanbul is a wonderful company. They are welcoming, helpful, knowledgeable and very accommodating. I would recommend them without hesitation!"
Artemis Mourat, MS, MSW
If you are a dancer at heart that appreciates beauty, history and colorful culture this is the perfect trip to embark on. With knowledgeable and kind hosts that will take care of you and welcome you to their home town you will be delighted by what they have planned for you. A beautiful trip to bring a friend along and to make new ones! I would return in a heartbeat.
Bozenka / 2013, Teacher
"THE perfect tour: very rare & unique - detailed instruction by Ozgen, real roman by Reyhan + local festival in Edirne. How can be better than that! Really appreciate the flexibility about stay & activities. All people in the tour are nice, friendly and helpful - pleasurable all the time. Most of all Burcu and Yoko did such a great job organizing & leading us - easy going yet professional, they know tourism and dancing well. Plus, Ozgen is the great instructor as well as our travel buddy - fun & positive energy, multi tasking (waiter, guide, entertainer etc.. ;) ) Can't wait for the next year!"
"Many thanks to Ozgen and Burcu and all new friends who I met in Istanbul. It was really fantastic to stay and felt as if I was at home all the time. Wonderful and unforgettable exprience, loved every moment! Will definitely return to Istanbul! hoping to see you all again!"
"I am back in Japan, and already want to go back to Istanbul. Thank you so much for the wonderful memories."
Oriental Dances and Belly Dancing
Turkish Folk Dances (Gypsy Dance, Aegean, Black Sea regional dance)
Introduction to Turkish & Arabic Rhythms and Instruments
Workshops are open to for both ladies and gents
SUITABLE FOR ALL LEVELS
- Ayasofia Museum (once a church, then a mosque, now a museum)
- Topkapi Palace (The amazing palace of Ottoman Emperors, treasury and harem sections)
- Underground Cistern (Mystical atmosphere of water storage of the old city)
- Hippodrome (where the chariots raced in Byzantine times)
- Grand Bazaar (the largest covered bazaar of the world with hundreds of shops)
- Spice Market (Also known as Egyptian Bazaar – full of spices and authentic food & goods)
- Uskudar & Kadikoy (Jewels of the Asian side of Istanbul)
- Bosphorus (enjoy a nice cruise along the strait watching palaces)
- Galata Tower (one of the oldest monuments of city from the Genoeis)
- chance to perform to audience at the end of classes
- Video shooting of the workshops and the performance
- Professional make up and photo shooting in a studio (a great souvenir)
- Belly Dance Outfit shopping with an expert
- Clubbing in a local bar playing Turkish music
- Dinner & Turkish Night with belly dancing and folk dance shows
Companions are welcomed (without workshops)
Single travellers are welcomed (we pair you for accommodation)